How to apply for a new EMV chip Debit Card in SBI
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has asked all the banks to replace their customers’ magstripe based old ATM cum debit cards with new EMV (Europay, MasterCard and Visa) chip-based ones. The RBI guidelines said, “you are required to change your Magstripe Debit Cards to EMV Chip Debit Cards by the end of 2018”.
This conversion process is safe and comes with no charges. The Reserve Bank also earlier asked all the banks to issue only chip-based and PIN-enabled debit and credit cards to protect customers from frauds. “Protect yourself from fraudulent activities by applying for an EMV Chip Card with State Bank of India free of cost. It is the latest standard in debit card security,” If you have a magstripe based SBI debit card, there are two ways to get your old ATM/debit card replaced. There are no charges to be paid for replacing the old card with a new emv card. Here are some ways to apply new emv chip card for SBI. How to apply for a new EMV chip Debit Card in SBI
State Bank of India How to apply for a new EMV chip Debit Card in SBI
There are two ways to apply for SBI emv card How to apply for a new EMV chip Debit Card in SBI
Through net banking
- Visit the website www.onlinesbi.com
- Log in to your account by entering the user id and the password and then click login option
- In home page click on he e-services tab.
- Right click on the tab and select ‘ATM card services’
- Under this ‘ATM card services’ tab, you have to select ‘request ATM/Debit card’
- Select the account type for which you need EMV card. And enter your name as per the account which will be printed on the new emv card
- Then you have to select the ATM card type which you wanted to receive.
- Then click on the submit tab. You will receive your new card in your residence address.
Your new emv card will be delivered within 7 working days. You can avail this service from 8 AM to 8 PM. After receiving the new emv card you should go to the ATM booth and there you have to set the new pin for your emv card. You can set the pin number of your choice. How to apply for a new EMV chip Debit Card in SBI
Visit your bank’s home branch
If you don’t know internet banking, then you have to visit the bank’s branch which you are holding the bank account. Go there with aadhar card, and your photograph. The processing fee is 350 rs + GST charges. There you have to apply for the new my card for that you should fill a form. After the procedure, you will get your emv card instantly with your photograph printed on the emv card. How to apply for a new EMV chip Debit Card in SBI
I hope this article helps you to know the way for applying for the new emv chip card. If you like these articles then don’t forget to write your feedback in the comment. If you know any other way to apply then comment below.
Get real time update about this post categories directly on your device, subscribe now.